Saturday, January 28, 2006

Pregnancy Pictures

I was pregnant from June 2005 through March 2006 and it was one of the happiest times of my life. I gained 27 pounds over the course of my pregnancy and although I did not gain an abundance of weight, pregnancy photos is one aspect of the experience that I preferred to avoid. There's just something about seeing yourself 20-something pounds heavier that isn't as appealing to me as it is to others. Nonetheless, I have been asked numerous times for pregnancy photos and so I am posting the few that I do have. Enjoy!

Our alma mater, Lehigh University, has a formal gala every year and in 2005 they had Bernadette Peters perform at the event. As she is one of my favorite performers, we decided to buy tickets and go out for a date night. I actually made my own gown after seeing that formal maternity gowns cost well over $100, so luckily I could put on my seamstress hat and made something suitable. Here we are on our way out. I am 4 months pregnant.


My father-in-law was remarried on New Year's Day 2006 and my new mother-in-law, Cheri, bought me a lovely maternity dress to wear for the occasion. I did opt to wear a shawl over my shoulders out of modesty since I was starting to feel a bit flabby, but at over 6 months pregnant I don't think I looked too bad :).

Finally, my friends and I went out to Lancaster, PA for a girls' shopping day at the end of January 2006 so at the time I was nearly 7 months pregnant. My friend Julie (magenta sweater) was also about 5-1/2 months pregnant at the time.

Front row: Julie, Heather; back row: me, Amy

Now Julia joins us for the photo.

Julie and I sporting our pregnant tummies. Our little ones Ben and Talya are buddies now :).

0 comments: