Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's a Boy!

This morning we went for our routine level 2 ultrasound at the hospital and found out that we will be adding another boy to our crew. We're very excited, especially since Ben is so boyish and will probably enjoy having someone to play cars and trucks with. Of course, this leaves me outnumbered by far in our household (even the dog is a male!) but I am excited for another sweet little boy. It must mean that despite my fear of bugs, girly hobbies, and utter lack of coordination in any team sport I ever tried, that God sees me as a boy mom for now!

All day I was telling Ben about his new brother and showing him pictures of brothers in books. He was interested in the ultrasound pictures and kept saying "baby" even though those never really look like a baby (more like something from another planet!).

Here are two photos of the new little guy. He seems like quite a jokester - or flirt or feisty child, whatever you wish to call it - since he was really playing with the doctor performing the exam by showing her what she wanted to see for a second before putting his hand up and turning away quickly. We were all laughing at his playfulness and even the doctor said that he is a very, very active guy already (as my stomach can attest to; I started feeling kicking around 13 weeks this time!).

Profile:
Left hand:
Everything appears to be very healthy and progressing wonderfully with the pregnancy. Last time I battled placenta previa - where the placenta covers the cervix - for more than half of the pregnancy (it did end up shifting later on). This time, however, there are no worries at all. I am about 19-1/2 weeks and the baby is around 8-9 inches long at this point and weighs about 10 oz.

We are very excited now to meet our new little guy in March! Oh, and yes, for those of you wondering - we have not yet picked out a name and will be keeping everyone in suspense until after his birth again once we do. We have a few we like but still have to decide.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're so excited to have another little "monkey" like Ben! Dad and I can't wait! Love, Mom...aka Nana

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to have another nephew (Madelyn is excited about her new cousin!) I guess you'll supply the boys and I'll bring the girls :)
We love you guys,
Michelle, Kurt, and Maddie

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Sounds like you're doing well.

Anonymous said...

That's great news! Welcome to my world (almost)! The boys will be close in age and always have a buddy to play with.
Hugs to all - Aunt Sharon