Thursday, February 07, 2008

Pregnancy Update - 33-1/2 weeks

I thought I'd give a quick pregnancy update since I was at the hospital this morning for an ultrasound and had told many of you that I was getting it. The last time I was at the doctor, my uterus was measuring about 3 centimeters smaller than average and I had lost some weight despite already having very low weight gain this pregnancy. The doctor seemed a little concerned since I am diabetic and am therefore prone to larger babies and higher weight gain so this seemed out of the ordinary. So, he sent me for a high resolution ultrasound to make sure that the baby was thriving and that everything looked okay.

I had it this morning and thankfully everything looks great; possibly the baby was pushed more towards my back when the doctor took his measurements so he appeared to be much smaller than he really is. He is healthy and has a heart rate of 139, which is within normal range. He is currently weighing in at approximately 5 lbs. 1 oz., which is in the 48th percentile for this point in the pregnancy - totally normal! Like Ben had at birth, this baby also has tons of hair! We could see it clearly on the ultrasound. That explains the chronic heartburn I have had since about 13 weeks!!


We could also see that the baby is in the downward position already to prepare for birth so I know that he is not breech. At close to 34 weeks, I can assume that he will stay in this position until I deliver.


My due date is accurate and I am still due on 3/24/2008. I am scheduled for another ultrasound in one month to check up on things again so I will keep you posted. Thanks for all of your prayers and concerns.

3 comments:

alizashana said...

Liz,
Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that there was such a scare, but thank G-d things are well!
love, Aliza

Staci Landis said...

Hi, Liz! I can't believe you are getting so close already! I'm glad the baby is doing well & that you are hanging in there! :-) My prayers are with you for a healthy & safe delivery. Take care!

The Roqué Family said...

Thanks for sharing your news with us. What a blessing that everything is progressing very well. We will continue to pray for a safe/healthy delivery and for your beautiful family! Many blessings!