Sunday, June 21, 2009

Girls Weekend in Las Vegas

Last weekend my mother-in-law Cheri planned a girls getaway for all of the women in the family to Las Vegas. It was me, Cheri, and my three sisters-in-law Maggie, Michelle and Stacy. What a fun time!

We all flew in on Friday afternoon (give or take, I won't get into the major delays Maggie and I had at Philadelphia airport...typical!) and left on Monday. So we had three nights and about 3 full days. We stayed on the Las Vegas Strip at the Venetian hotel and did so many fun things - we ate at some nice places, got facials, saw a Cirque du Soleil show, shopped and hung out by the pool. It was such a nice break from reality and a great escape from the responsibilities of motherhood for a few days :)

Here we all are our first night at Olives restaurant at the Bellagio.
They knew it was my birthday so I got a special dessert but....they got my name wrong! We were HYSTERICAL even though the poor waiter looked so embarassed. You can now call me Patricia, Patty or Pat! :)


On our second night, we ate dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe at the Venetian and then headed over to the Mirage for the Cirque du Soleil show, Love, featuring Beatles music. It was awesome! The acrobatics were amazing and the music was great...

Here we are (minus Cheri, who is photographing) on our way out to the play with the huge billboard for Love behind us on top of the Mirage.

Drinks at dinner with the girls...well, tonic and lime for me!


And here we all are at dinner!

Maggie and Stacy, sisters-in-law!


This is one of our finest moments of the trip, posing like the Beatles before our show. It's my absolute favorite photo from the trip!!


You can't miss the magnificent Bellagio fountains at night that move in time to famous classic tunes. Stunning!


Finally, some photos from our last night in Vegas at the beautiful Le Cirque french restaurant in the Bellagio. They had special celebratory desserts for my birthday and Maggie's engagement...and what we didn't know about was that in addition to these, they surprised us by bringing out one of every dessert on their menu and a special centerpiece made out of sugar. It was a wonderful evening and the food and service were superb!
Cheri and Maggie...

The whole gang...

Maggie and I celebrating our two special occasions (me with a borrowed drink for the photo - lol!)


And here is my special birthday dessert: this raspberry and cheese concoction that was sprinkled with dark chocolate and oh so yummy...

Maggie with her special dessert, one of the special souffles that were also fantastic!

Here is a photo of the sugar centerpiece that they brought out to us for ambiance. Supposedly it took the chef 6 entire days to make!! I have never seen anything like it...


A final photo of the girls at the Venetian entrance after arriving back for the evening. This was our last night, boo hoo :(

0 comments: