Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sweet Baby

I never am able to resist the children's clothing at Janie and Jack, so I thought I'd take a few photos of Benjamin in one of their adorable outfits that we received as a gift since he looks so sweet in it. Of course the combination of green gingham checks and my favorite children's store definitely warranted a few random photos!


Just a quick update on Benjamin: he was twelve weeks old on Monday and we can't believe that he is already close to three months old. He is now about 26 inches long and weighs 14 lbs. 8 oz...I guess I'm eating something right since I continue to exclusively breastfeed and our little guy is growing like a weed! He has been very vocal lately and seems to coo and giggle at just about everything. He also has recently developed quite a strong grip and grasps things firmly by reaching out for them. Among his favorites are my hair and jewelry, some of his stuffed animals and rattles, and Barney's ears and nose!

He is continuing to sleep through the night for us and it is close to three weeks that he has been sleeping 8-9 hours at night in addition to his four 1-2 hour naps throughout the day. So we definitely can't complain about him since he has been a very good baby for us.

If anyone is wondering about the large pimple on his cheek that you can see in some of the photos, it is just that - a pimple. I took him to the doctor on Monday because he has had it for about 10 days now and they looked it over and said it is just a very deep blemish and it will go away on its own. That's a relief for this first-time, slightly neurotic mother!! So hopefully it will go away soon so I can take him to have his photos taken again in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Nana and Pop said...

What a big Ham he is! He loves to pose.

alizashana said...

Hey Liz,
just checking in with Benjamin. So cute! I can't believe how big he is getting! Love those thighs...