Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Officially a Big Boy

It's official! Ben's a big boy who sleeps in a bed now. Now that all of his toys and things are in his new room, he doesn't want anything to do with the nursery or his crib anymore. So, he is currently fast asleep for the second night in his big boy bed in his new room and also took his nap there today. He opted to play in the bed during my first attempt at naptime yesterday and escaped his room once (I found him at the top of the stairs calling for me!) but his nap today and both last night and tonight have gone very smoothly. He talks to himself for a little while when we first put him to bed but has not left the bed (or his room) again and eventually falls asleep. Hopefully it will keep up; it seems like the process happened too easily to actually be true - ha ha!

Here are a few photos of the big boy fast asleep in his new bed. Of course he wants nothing to do with the quilt so he throws it off the bed and we have to place it back on top of him after he falls asleep. I think he sees his bed as a giant crib since it has guard rails on either side!
What a sweet, peaceful little guy, all tired out from a hard day's play! Here he is curled in a ball with his blankies prior to us covering him up with his quilt:



All warm and toasty under his quilt:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he's an official big boy. Pop and I are looking forward to getting the guided tour (given by Ben, of course). He'll always be my "Sweetie" and my little angel.

Love,
Nana

Mike and Chang said...

So Cute!