Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pregnancy and House Update

I know that I have not updated in a few weeks so I apologize. So, I decided to do one quick picture post (below) and to give an update on the pregnancy and the situation with our pending move.
As far as the pregnancy, we are in the final stretch! I'm now in my 31st week and cannot believe that it is mid-January already. We're hoping that since I had Ben over a week early that the same will be true for this baby but we will have to wait and see. I'm due March 24th. I am feeling well, relatively speaking for someone in her third trimester, and am trying to stay as active as possible without overdoing it. The baby is still moving a lot and I have had horrendous heartburn (again) so we foresee another blue bundle of energy with lots and lots of hair in our future!

Same as last time, I have developed gestational diabetes again so I am being very vigilant about watching my diet and fitting in daily exercise to my routine. My blood sugar level when I went for the 1-hour glucose test was so high that they told me to not even bother coming in for the 3-hour glucose tolerance test and to just start monitoring my blood levels and following the diabetic regime, espeically since I have a history. I am being monitored to see if I will need to go on insulin or not. Last time I was able to avoid it but this time my levels are worse and I have seen a lot of fluctuation in my monitoring, which has me feeling lethargic and run-down at times,as if I have no energy at all. So, please pray that this will stay under control and that I will not need to start insulin injections.
Other than that, I am feeling well and the baby is measuring accurately. I'll be seeing the doctor every 2-3 weeks from now on due to the diabetes so hopefully he will be able to keep an eye on the baby to make sure he does not get too big (due to the diabetes).
As far as our pending move, we are still having some holdups on the seller's end that have not allowed the title to be cleared so we cannot proceed until these get taken care of. However, we are progressing, albeit very slowly. At this point, we will not be moving before the baby is born so we are trying to ready our current house for his arrival and plan to temporarily set up Ben's "big boy" room over the next few weeks. It's a frustrating situation to be in but it's reassuring to at least know where we will be for the next few months. We are hoping that the new house will close over the next few weeks and we can start the necessary work there, even though we will not be moving right away. We should have some answers this coming week and I will try to keep you updated when it does finally go through.

0 comments: