Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Nate!

Today is Nate's first birthday, can you believe it? He is officially a toddler today. He drinks real milk and his carseat faces forward now (well, I may have cheated and done these things a few weeks early...shhh! :)). He definitely knows how to manipulate us with his cute little faces and each day we notice that he is doing something new and exciting. Best of all, we have started to notice that Nate will now stand up for himself a bit when a certain big brother takes his toys, pushes him, or does something else that doesn't float Nate's boat (much to Ben's chagrin, however!). Look out, world, Nate's one!

This morning we went to the pediatrician for Nate's one year appointment. He is doing great developmentally - on target with everything and very healthy. He is still at just around the 50th percentile for height and weight so he is growing steadily as well:

Height: 29-1/2 inches
Weight: 23.3 lbs.

He and Ben are having a joint birthday party on Friday morning so that's when all of the birthday excitement will take place and I'll certainly post more pictures after that. In the meantime, here are a few of Nate opening his gifts this morning. He and Ben each have a few small gifts and are getting one larger joint gift that we'll probably give to them sometime next week, between both of their birthdays.

OK, that's great that it's my birthday, Mom, but you know I can't function without my morning "baba" first. Presents will have to wait!


Alright, you caught me. They are starting to intrigue me...



Does this big guy always have to help me with everything?!?! I can't understand for the life of me why he is itching for me to finish my baba!


Yay! Everyone's happy - Nate's had his milk and is having fun opening his presents...and Ben enjoys watching (and asking if he can take each present and go and play with it alone!!)

1 comments:

Julia Spencer said...

Soooo Cute.. :)