Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pregnancy Update - Week 9

Just a fast pregnancy update for this week. Things are going well, relatively speaking. I am still pretty ill all day long and have that constant feeling of nausea, as if I am about to throw up, which is no fun. I am a lot sicker this time around than with the others but am not as tired, which is odd given that I have two other children to care for now. I am praying that the morning sickness phase will pass by the 16th week, as it has with the other pregnancies.

On another note, I had my early blood testing last week. Since I have a history, I am screened for gestational diabetes at 8 weeks, instead of the usual 24-28 weeks. This came back negative with Nate's pregnancy, but this time, it came back positive: my blood sugar level was elevated after fasting for 12 hours. So, I am in the process of deciding if I will take the three hour glucose tolerance test to make sure I am in fact gestationally diabetic already, or if I will just begin testing my blood sugar levels 4-5 times daily and following a glycemic index diet and exercise routine right away. My chances of the three hour test coming back positive are high now, and my doctor is in favor of my just begining the diabetes routine since it already came back elevated. So, diabetes again for me. The good news is that this keeps me eating healthfully and exercising during pregnancy but it's no fun to have to diet and limit carbs when I am feeling so nauseous all the time with so many food aversions right now.

I will continue to provide updates every few weeks as I go through Baby C's pregnancy from now until November.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that pink background, Liz!!! Love, Mom