Sunday, May 16, 2010

Bedtime

OK, so here's the story in a nutshell. I bring home a crying baby after running some errands this evening. Hurry up and get her changed for bed. Start warming her bottle since she is *so* exhausted. Give her the bottle, burp her and place her in bed with her blankie and lovey. All within about 15 minutes of her usual bedtime. But, she had a shorter than usual afternoon nap so going down a few minutes early must be what she needs, right? I kiss her goodnight and then walk quietly out the door.

And then....it starts. The fussing and crying, completely foreign to our usually easygoing baby at bedtime. She must be overtired, right? Of course. So, I let the crying continue for 20 minutes, cringing as it gradually gets louder and more pronounced. It is not stopping this time, which, as I said, is quite unusal for our girl. Oh no, maybe she is hurt or sick?! So I rush down the hall, throw open the door to find....


Alright, so I was duped again by the lightweight wearing pink! But what a nice demeanor to see her in instead of the blood-curdling-screaming mess she was only a few minutes earlier. I guess she just wanted to see me (her favorite person, I'll state- I have no shame :)) one last time tonight before entering La La Land. Yes, that's definitely the case since all it took was a rub of her back for her to lay back down on her tummy, stick her thumb in her mouth, put a corner of her lovey into her hand, and start to nod off.
Ah, the joys of motherhood are never-ending! Sleep well, Little Miss :)

0 comments: