Thursday, May 27, 2010

Outdoor Fun!

Yesterday afternoon was almost bipolar; it went from hot, humid and sunny to thunderstorms and very windy within the course of about 5 minutes. So, luckily, during the humid part of the day, we decided to all venture outside to enjoy the beautiful weather. We got out this giant sprinkler beach ball I bought for the kids a few weeks ago and brought out a beach towel for Mommy and Abby to sit on.

Well, Nate was afraid of the water and didn't want to get wet...even though he's the guy who flounders in the bathtub until the very last drop of water has gone down the drain. Benjamin, on the other hand, couldn't get enough of this new toy! He was sopping wet from head to toes and wanted more! Here are a few photos of him having a "ball" with this giant sprinkler. What fun!!

He discovered that holding his butt up to one of the sprays was more fun than anything else...what a boy! Of course anything involving his "heiny" or "poopy" is hilarious nowadays. Ah, potty talk, gotta love it. This too shall pass :)...

Nate decided he'd spend his time playing baseball instead and insisted that I show him how to hold a bat. "Here, Mom, show me!"

Alright, any of you out there who are equating his poor stance with my teachings and the fact that I am team-sport-challenged....keep your thoughts to yourselves! Ha! :)

And now for the teething baby girl. Yes, our girl is definitely teething. I can see two little white buds on the bottom and she obsessively puts everything into her mouth lately. Put your head too close to her...watch out, she'll eat your hair! Pick her up...she'll gnaw on your shoulder! Bottle time...she'll prefer to just chomp down on the nipple! And did I mention that we are having compnay this weekend which is always the precursor for babies to decide to mess up their eating and sleeping schedules :). Yup, we wouldn't be surprised if two little pearly whites pop out over the next few weeks.


I'll try out that towel, thank you!

Mmmm...camera case! My favorite :)
OK, I take that back....my REAL favorite is Sophie the Giraffe. Thanks, Aunt Chel for my very best buddy (and I don't know how we survived two children without Sophie in the house!!!) :)

I just love these shots. Apparently yesterday was the perfect mix of sun and clouds to produce great pictures, even on our little point and shoot camera. Gotta love a little ruffle butt with a matching hairbow :)


0 comments: