Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Annual Christmas Tree Cookie Making

Tonight we did our annual baking of the Mirro cooky press green Christmas tree cookies that Andrew always made with his mom while growing up.  Our tradition is that I make all of the other cookies and candies by myself or with the kids, but Andrew leads the making of the Christmas tree cookies.  So, here we are all suited up in our Christmas aprons, which the chipper Christmassy person in the red shirt and gingerbread man apron made the entire family wear.  Andrew's confident enough in his masculinity to go along with my whims. 

Would have made a great photo...if it weren't for the front row!!  Uh, which photo is worse?  Both belie the fact that the boys actually were having a good time making these with us and instead make them appear either miserable...or constipated.  Come on, people, this is what I have to work with for my nice family photograph of us decorating cookies together! And one that I spent time setting my automatic timer for, too :)


Well, moving on....the posed picture is history and we are now onto making the actual cookies.  As I said, Andrew takes charge and I just go along with whatever he says for these.  I almost got put into time out for suggesting we use a different type of sprinkles for the decorating! :)
Our annual serious shot of Andrew and the boys, concentrating very hard on making perfect Christmas tree shapes.  I told Nate that he looked like he was about to fall asleep, at which he told me he wasn't tired and instead did what you see in the next picture....
How funny that Andrew and Ben are eyeballing him at his immediate change in demeanor! That Natey, always a character :)

Decorating....with lots of sprinkles!


Ta-da!  The finished cookies....well, decorated and ready to be baked.
Waiting patiently 7-9 minutes for them to bake...
Post-cookie-eating....and ready for bed!

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

My favorite kind of cookies!! I can't believe how big all the kids are getting!

Love you guys!
Kelsey