Friday, December 03, 2010

Gingerbread House

This morning while Abby napped, the boys and I put together a gingerbread house.  Well, Nate got bored after the roof was finished and took off to play, but Ben had fun with the whole thing and really enjoyed deorating it.  He helped with everything from squeezing the icing "glue" onto the cookie pieces and pressing them together to holding my hand while we both piped on the decor to adding the scrumptuous candies to the outside of the house as decoration.

He's so proud of his masterpiece and even decided that we would never eat this house since he wants it for decoration.  This is saying a lot for the usually-eager-to-eat-any-sweets guy!

Wow, did I really make this?!?!

Ok, Mom, pictures are now OVER. Ha ha!

What a great morning activity for the kids.  It was easy to make and fun to decorate.  I cannot wait to make gingerbread men in a few weeks.  No baked good says Christmas to me more than gingerbread!

0 comments: