Monday, January 03, 2011

Martin Mission #3: Toy Story 3 on Ice

We haven't had opportunity to have one of our Martin Missions since September so when we got an email a few weeks ago with a special to buy Toy Story 3 on Ice tickets for only a few dollars each, we decided to take the plunge and purchase them for something to do the week after Christmas while Andrew was taking a few days off.  Well, of course it never crossed our minds that 3 of us would have colds, one would be just over the flu and another one of us would now have the flu.  What are the chances?!?!

I was the only one who really debated not going on the trip since I was the sickest.  But after sleeping for close to 17 hours one day and then 13 hours the night before, I woke up with no fever and I felt well enough to get out of bed and go sit at the show.  What a blessing, I was so sad when I thought about having to miss this!! So, even though that night I again felt pretty overrun and flu-ridden, for 6 hours I felt ok and had no fever at all so I was able to enjoy the show.

As our other Martin Missions, we kept this as a surprise until we were all in the kitchen that morning eating breakfast.  We told the kids about it and they started smiling, asking if we were going to the movie theater to see "Buzz 3" again!  Uh, no, it's much better than that, just wait!!

When we did get to the show, the boys and even Abby were entranced by the ice and the performers.  The characters were all there and all of the familiar songs were sung.  I even bawled my eyes out in the beginning and the end, just like in the movie theater!!

It was a fun family day and something we and the kids will never forget.  Here's everyone (except me) getting ready for the show to start.  Each of the boys got to pick a snack for us: Nate picked popcorn and Ben picked cotton candy.

The army men!! 

 Aliens!!!
 Nate was so serious watching it and would just nod if I asked him if he was having a good time, no words at all!
Abby steals a sip...or ten...of Daddy's Gatorade.  Given the Christmas photos you may have already seen, it's no wonder that they both have exactly the same cold!!!

I'm Nate Lightyear.  I come in peace. 

Boy oh boy, Ben loves cotton candy and knows just how to make the biggest mess EVER with it.  Thank God he has it once or twice a year at most!!
The boys helping Abby walk around after the show....

0 comments: