Monday, June 25, 2007

Birthday Weekend in NJ

Last week was my birthday so Ben and I spent this weekend in NJ at my parents' house for a belated birthday celebration for me and Father's Day celebration for my dad. Andrew had other plans so he was not able to join us so it was just me and my little guy.

Here's Ben with my favorite friend as a little girl - "Nee Nee" the horse. I used to scoot all over the house on him so now Ben does the same. Poor Nee Nee has seen better days lookswise, but he was as much fun for Ben as he had been for me 28 years ago!




Ben loves to fill up carts, baskets, whatever and push them around. He discovered this little antique doll carriage that my mom has at the house. It is completely frilly and lacey so we were laughing when Ben exherted his masculinity by wheeling his Matchbox cars around in it!
Ben and Pop making wrinkly nosed "bunny faces" at each other. This is Ben's new favorite face and will do it on cue when you ask him to make a bunny face. So silly!


Here's a closeup of the little bunny again. What a ham!

More please! Ben now eats with plates and bowls almost all of the time and is doing well with it (aka he hasn't flipped one filled with food over in a few weeks). We are still working on using utensils on his own but he still prefers to either feed himself with his hands, have someone else feed him with the spoon or have someone else fill the spoon up and hand it to him to put into his mouth. Soon!
My mom and I took him to Abma's Farm for some fresh produce and we walked around to see all of the animals as well. He LOVED the goats!


The sheep were okay. At least he was not afraid of them anymore since he had been terrified of the sheep the last time we were at the zoo.

He thought the turkeys and their "gobbling" were hilarious!

Dressing up as a little lamb and bunny...


We went to visit Aunt Audrey while we were there and her house was quite exciting to explore! She had a big tub of the original Little People for him to play with so that kept him occupied the entire time. Here they are while Ben takes a ride on the rocking horse. He was a little afraid of it but was also getting tired at this point.

Finally, a photo with Nana and Pop as Ben drank his sippy cup full of milk before we set out for home yesterday afternoon.

0 comments: