Monday, June 04, 2007

Weekend in NJ

This weekend we went to NJ to stay with my parents since I had two events planned, both Saturday and Sunday during the day. On Saturday my mom took me and Chang into New York to see Phantom of the Opera for our birthdays so we spent the morning shopping, the afternoon at the show and then went to a french restaurant afterwards. What a fun day! Chang has never been to a Broadway show and Phantom was her first choice (and my favorite, even though I have now seen it 4 times!). Here are some photos of our outing:

In the backyard before we left.


Here we are in the American Girl store after lunch. Chang and I found "our" girls and of course posed with them. Chang with her "Just Like Me" girl.

Here I am with Molly, one of the historical girls who reminded my mom of me because of the glasses and the dark braids. I used to wear my hair in braids often as a little girl!

And here I am with one of the Bitty Babies that looks like Ben, especially in the Hawaiian shirt and sandals!

Here's Chang in front of the theater, so happy to be at Phantom!

After the show we had an hour and a half to kill before dinner and since it was so nice out we walked around some more. We did spend a fair amount of time in the big Toys 'R Us in Times Square looking for something to buy for Ben though...and had some fun for ourselves too!

Here Chang and I are posing with the cutest monkeys that we found.



And here we are oogling over the stuffed dogs since we all love dogs. Chang and I loved this big, squishy one...
..and Mom loved the stuffed Alex, our Sheltie growing up.

Ben had a fun weekend with the guys while we women were out and about. He particularly loved running around the house with his walker while someone chased him and they also took him to the Abma's Farm to see the animals and out to dinner. Pop was reported falling asleep on the couch while Ben napped and Andrew was ready for bed by 10PM Saturday night so I guess Ben wore out more than just himself!

Here are a few funny photos. I usually screen the (many) photos I take and just post my favorites but the progression on the next few was so funny that I had to post a handful of similar ones.

Here, Ben (and Barney) are begging Pop for his breakfast on Sunday morning. Now that he is a toddler, Ben has become quite a picky eater and no longer likes many of his old favorites. But even though he doesn't like bagels with cream cheese anymore, that doesn't stop him from begging!

Moving in for the kill.


I'll try some of that, thank you very much! (as Barney steps up to the plate).
Pop succumbs to the little pants-less guy with big eyes and a tummy.
Sampling the goods.
I don't really like that, Pop...
But I do! Barney chimes in.

Here is Uncle Mike with Ben. He was able to spend some time with the little guy on Saturday and Sunday and was getting the biggest kick out of Ben's mischievous faces!
Finally, the second event that I had this weekend was my girlfriend Michele's bridal shower. I am in her wedding next month and have been friends with her since 10th grade. We were able to surprise her yesterday...that is until her fiance Gary parked next to Michele's parents' car at the restuarant and she wondered why her parents were at a "family event for Gary's family"! Oh well, we got her up until that point.
Here Michele and Gary pose with the bride and groom Build-a-Bears that Gary's mom and sisters made for them.
The bridal party less two gals who were not able to make it since they live in North Carolina and California.
Michele and Grandma Felicita who "will be 94 in August if the good Lord spares her." She's a spry one for 94 and sharp as anything. She is eagerly awaiting Michele's wedding next month.
Finally, here is Michele's cake and cupcake tower that her mom made for her!

1 comments:

alizashana said...

Looks like you had so much fun in the city. That bitty baby did look like Ben! Also, big congrats to Michele. Liz, you have so many happy events going on these days. How exciting!
Aliza