Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Afternoon at the Park

In my realization that I have been slacking off on updating my blog lately, I specifically noticed that I have really been lazy about taking some candid shots of the kids just doing ordinary things throughout the day. This afternoon they both woke up from their naps at a reasonable time and I knew Andrew would be late from work tonight. We hadn't been to a park in a while so I took them to their favorite one - Plains Park in Hatfield.

Here are some candid shots of the kids playing. We were the only ones on the playground so they had the place to themselves.


Nate loves the swings, especially the ones at this park since they have really long chains and can go very high! All smiles (and of course, the silly scrunchy-nose face that he makes). :)


Serious for a few minutes, just enjoying the ride.
Ben also loves this big blue swing in particular. It reminds me of a roller coaster seat; I seriously think it needs to do more than just go back and forth with a harness like that :). Anyway, he kept telling me to push it higher and higher and then was telling me how his stomach dropped when he went up really high (without any complaint at all). I think Ben is now ready for his first free-fall ride at the next amusement park we go to!
Just hopping along...

Nate now says "cheeese" when I get my camera out, as seen below. Phew! And here I thought the poor second child would never know the feeling of having too many photos taken of him. I guess I'm doing my mom-duty after all, even if I haven't been updating my blog as often as I usually do :).

The reason Ben loves this park is because they have several large trucks strewn around and the entire park is covered in woodchips. Fun! Trucks and woodchips are like heaven to a three-year-old boy...


Nate climbed to the top of the tower and stood up there and danced for about a minute (i.e. bobbed up and down). I wish I had thought to take some video of his "victory dance."


My favorite picture taken all day....

Ben being goofy on the twisty slide...


Nate is trying to follow his big brother and heads up to the twisty slide as well....


Finally, here is Nate walking up the stairs on two feet while holding the banister. I had heard this from many people and it is certainly the case with Nate: he walked very late but all of a sudden, within a few weeks, he is running to keep up with his brother and has decided that he will walk up the stairs in an upright position (and try to go down the same way sometimes). Once he unleashed his fear, there is no stopping him!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Liz- Maybe you knew this or maybe not, that swing with the harness is for children with special needs who need additional support compared to what a regular swing offers! It sure looks like typical kids enjoy it too!