Friday, October 08, 2010

At Home Pizza Night

Tonight I decided that we'd have a Make-Your-Own Pizza Night for dinner since it would be fast and easy and also fun for the kids.  So, we made some dough in our bread machine and then let our creative sides shine as we topped our pizza crusts later on.  Dinner + craft = perfect!

For the full recipe for the pizza dough, see my Proverbs 31 Chronicles blog.  Be creative with your toppings - anything goes!  We opted for one large pizza with everything on it (for Mommy, Daddy and Abby) and a personal pizza for each of the boys to top.

Chef 1 and Chef 2 go to work.  I took owndership of spooning on the sauce and (surprisingly) this didn't cause so much as a stir. I definitely expected a "Me do it!" from Nate or a pout from Ben.  I guess they were so enraptured by the prospect of doucing their crusts with a large bowl of shredded mozzarella that they let the moment pass.

Annnnnd....we're off!  Who could possibly put the most cheese on their pizza?

I got this pizza-makin' thing down pat, Ma! (~Nate)
Come here, cheese, I do not have enough of you yet!! (~Ben)

Lookin' pretty cheesy...and so's your pizza, Nate :)
Sooo excited!!
And our winner for the cheesiest pizza in town...Mr. Benjamin Thomas.  Can you see the cheese actually falling off the side of the pizza?



Did I mention that this activity was Dinner + Craft + Letter Recognition?   Hello, Ben's pizza!


Oh, hello, N, I see you also have a pizza to be baked...

All done!  Yes, his pizza is actually mounding, he has so much on it!  Holy pepperoni!!

Waiting for Daddy to get home from work so that we can eat our creations.  And the consensus - Nate ate more than 1/4 of his personal pizza, Benjamin ate more than 1/2 of his personal pizza and Abby ate an entire slice of the big pie.  Yeah, I think this was a fun time for all :)

0 comments: