Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bronx Zoo

On Sunday while I was visiting my parents' house, we all went with Mike and Chang to the Bronx Zoo. Pop is originally from the Bronx so it was fun to go back to his childhood neighborhood (although it is quite different now!). I had not been to the Bronx Zoo since Mr. McCormick's 9th grade Biology class so it was a great outing for me as well.

Here are Nana and Pop with the boys at the zoo entrance.
Some good photos of the animals that I got. What a beautiful zoo this was, with so much scenery and recreated natural habitats.

Ben's favorites (Pop's too!) - the sea lions. Ben kept calling them dinos (dinosaurs) before we told him what they really were!


Chang, Mike, Ben and Pop at the sea lion habitat.


Brother and sister. Mike and I were last here together in the mid-1980's!

This is what Nate thought of the zoo. I suppose he enjoyed the long walk through the entire place so that he could nap.

Exploring some of the exhibits with Pop and Uncle Mike.




What a day! After the zoo and then dinner in Little Italy afterwards, the boys passed out almost immediately in the car. Ben even fell asleep holding a cookie that Nana had bought for him to take home in a bakery en route!!



0 comments: