Friday, April 03, 2009

Babysitter Treats

Our babysitter Alyssa is coming tonight and Ben always likes to make a special treat for dessert when the sitter is here. So, with Easter approaching we opted for two very simple treats: Pillsbury bunny cookies and jelly bean bark. My friend had told me about the bark and since Ben is obsessed with "jellies" I knew he'd love it. Basically, you melt chcolate, spread with jelly beans, let cool and break into pieces. Yum! Plus, both of these are incredibly easy since I'm not really in the mood for cooking or baking lately since I've been feeling so ill.

Both boys had fun making our treats. Here's Ben, smiling ear to ear with his empty cookie box (while they baked).

And making our jelly bean bark. We had only green, orange or purple chocolate wafers in the house so Ben chose green. Very Easter-ish, wouldn't you say?


The bark is still hardening but both boys had a cookie for a treat after lunch. I think they are enjoying them, wouldn't you agree?


0 comments: