Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pregnancy Update - 13 weeks

Happy 2nd trimester to me! The past week has been quite a bit better in terms of illness for me. I am still feeling nauseous but it is not all day long and not quite as severe; it usually comes on suddenly and is gone once I get something into my stomach, so that is a great improvement. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will feel 100% better; I am already noticing a slight increase in energy again, which is also quite refreshing.

I went for my first level 1 ultrasound and fetal distress test for gestational diabetes monitoring on Tuesday morning. All looks normal and I am measuring just right. The baby was moving all over the place! The heartrate was 153, right in the middle of the 140-160 range. I will be going for these monthly and will actually have a level 2 ultrasound on June 2nd for a more detailed check-up. This is when we will hopefully be able to find out the gender of the baby if we have cooperation. I will be about 18-1/2 weeks.

I have been having a lot of complications with the gestational diabetes this time and have been diagnosed as being hypoglycemic, meaning that my blood sugar runs on the low side. This is unusual for me since I had to carefully watch to make sure that my glucose level did not go too high for the other pregnancies. So, now it's the opposite and I have had several low blood sugar attacks when I should not have been experiencing them, given my recent food intake. So, the doctor has altered my diet slightly and is monitoring me; if it does not improve, I will see an endocrinologist. On a positive note, I have already seen improvement since we modified my routine, so hopefully this will help me to get past this without complications.

And finally, after much begging and pleading from several of my "blogger fans", I have succumbed and will try to post periodic pregnancy pics, or "belly shots." Ugh, peer pressure :)
About 13.5 weeks:

1 comments:

Nana and Pop said...

You look like I looked at 2 weeks, Liz!

Love, Mom