Saturday, May 06, 2006

Peddler's Village Strawberry Festival

This weekend is the annual Strawberry Festival at Peddler's Village in Lahaska, PA so I decided to meet my parents there for a few hours today to shop and enjoy some strawberry shortcakes. Yum! Andrew opted out of our shopping excursion so I took Ben myself and met my parents in time for lunch.

Here's Benjamin donned in the new hat that Pop bought for him after we searched Peddler's for an infant hat small enough to fit the baby's head. Ben has lots of cute caps and baby hats but they all probably will not fit his head until at least mid-summer, even the smallest ones. Luckily we came across this adjustable sun cap made out of SPF50 fabric and it fit. It was quite warm and sunny today so we definitely needed it!



Pop had a grand time for himself babysitting Benjamin and strolling him around while my mom and I went into some of the shops. Here's one with Pop and Nana:


After several hours in his stroller, Ben decided he's rather be carried in his Baby Bjorn, his favorite method of transportation these days. This thing is one of the best baby accessories we own since he loves it, it frees up both of my hands, and it enables me to walk at a decent pace (by not having to maneuver a stroller over curbs, etc.) so I feel like I am getting some exercise, too. For the last few hours at Peddler's Benjamin had a leisurely time snuggling up to his mom and sleeping in his Bjorn.


1 comments:

Nana and Pop said...

Ben was adorable and had a great time at his first shopping experience. He was eyeing up Pop's strawberry shortcake so we had to contain him since Pop doesn't like to share his desserts with anyone. Cant' wait to see him again! Love, Nana and Pop