Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Babyproofing Begins!

It seems the Martin household has embarked on the wonderful world of babyproofing as of this afternoon. Ben is still not quite crawling, merely "scooting" along, but he has been trying to pull up in his crib for a few days now and just today discovered that there is a coffee table in the family room that is just the right height for him to pull up on! He hasn't yet actually pulled up but is trying with persistance and managed to lift his tush off the ground for a few seconds. So, all of my coffee table books and other decorative things that look so nicely arranged have now been relegated to the top of the TV or someplace else out of reach.

Here's Ben looking cute as he watches a new Baby Einstein DVD and tries to eat his playmat.


Mommy tells him how cute he looks in his little lumberjack outfit so he decides to push his luck when I turn my back and see if he can get away with going after my coffee table decorations.

"Who me? Am I being naughty?"

Holding on to that table for dear life and making his little "froggie face" that he does whenever he is determined to do something (as a matter of fact, I used to be known for making a similar face when I was a baby!).

Trying so hard to pull up! It's not a walk in the park to lift an 18.5 pound body up!!

"Hi again, Mommy. I'm not doing anything I'm not supposed to be doing. Go back to what you were doing and don't worry about me. I'll just watch this tray for you..."

"Gah! If...only...my....arms...were....a....little....longer!"

So the outcome of today's happenings is that the coffee table is now clear of "stuff" and Ben is on his way to pulling himself up. At this rate, I think he'll enjoy some of the Christmas gifts we bought for him since they are things to pull up on (and yes, we (or should I say, 'I") am anal and have finished his Christmas shopping already!). We'll try this again tomorrow since today's practice ended in frustration when Ben wedged his legs under the table and couldn't move until I picked him up!

"Now how am I supposed to get out of this one??"

2 comments:

The Roqué Family said...

I laughed so hard at this last photo of Ben stuck under the coffee table. Thanks for always posting such amazing stories and letting us share in your life!!!

alizashana said...

I can't believe how much he is becoming a little boy (and less of a baby)! I love the photos. He looks so cute in overalls.