Sunday, November 02, 2008

Getting Messy...and Cleaning Up (Together)

Being a mom of two boys definitely involves dealing with lots of messes. Quite often. Quite messy. Whether it's mealtime or play, I constantly find myself getting out the wipes, bringing someone into the bathroom to cleanup or having to strip someone down after said activity is complete. Well, a few days ago while Ben was helping me make a Halloween treat, I left him in charge of mixing our recipe together and was pleasantly surprised with how obediently he did his task. Maybe he has grown tired of constantly making a big mess? Uh, wrong. Well, I turned my back for a second and when I turned to face him after asking him to now scrape the last of the mixture into the serving dish, I found that he had other plans for his mixing bowl.

First he stole the empty Cool Whip container and got some all over his face.
Next he decided that he would be able to scrape more of the mixture out of the mixing bowl with his tongue...while the bowl rested on his head!


Yuck! Ok, patience, Mommy. Breathe deeply :).

Well of course this called for a bath in the middle of the day and since Nate was also due to take one that night, I decided to multi-task and give Nate his first shot at having a bath in the big tub. He had been using his infant bath up to this point but had seemed as if he wanted more space to splash and play lately, now that he is more curious. And so the first joint bath in the Martin household begins!

The boys looking so cute in the tub together...of course, playing with trucks! Ben seemed shocked that Baby Nate was in the tub with him at first but definitely enjoyed the experience of having his brother to play with. He has asked me several times since this first bath when he and Nate will take another bath together.


Getting their hair washed. We go through a lot of shampoo in our family :). Ben loves to dump water on his own head once I am finished doing his hair, but I did have to instruct him that Baby Nate probably wouldn't be so thrilled to have his big brother hit him with a waterfall.



Nate "trying out" all of the bath toys and his washcloth :).



I love being in the big tub! Nate splashed and made noises throughout the entire bath. He had the best time exploring this new world.


Nate isn't as laid-back as he appears to be. Watch out, Ben, when Nate starts to crawl and walk...better guard your toys!



0 comments: