Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Preschool

This morning we went and toured a prechool for Ben for next fall, Indian Valley Nursery School at the Grace Bible Church in Souderton. http://www.ivns-souderton.com/ We heard great things about it overall, it is located 3 minutes from our new house in Telford and it offers a great mix of play, academics, electives, field trips, and Bible teachings. Enrollment is not until January but we will most likely be sending Ben here next year.

Ben seemed to really enjoy himself on the tour and immediately marched right into the classrooms and began playing with the other kids. He's not shy, that's for sure! It certainly helped that one of his best friends, Tyler Kriebel, attends here so he was quite excited to visit Ty's class. We toured all of the classrooms, the library, the gym and music classrooms and the (mini) bathroom. Ben even used the mini urinol in the kid's bathroom, so funny!

On one hand, I am very excited to be sending Ben to school next year. The program looks very enriching and there just seems to be so much going on in the classroom that will be over and above what he has available to do at home. So, I think he will thoroughly benefit from attending preschool for two years before he goes off to kindergarten. Socially, Ben is fairly used to being in a school setting since he attends the daycare class at our church 1 or 2 times per week while I do various ministries onsite.

On the other hand, I cannot believe that my baby is getting ready to go to school next year! I'm getting anxious just thinking about dropping him off for the first day next September, leaving him out in the big world all alone :) But, like so many moms before me, I will survive and after a day or two, I'm sure it will be nice to have two mornings per week to get some errands done less one child. And I'm sure Nate will enjoy having me to himself for a little while without the big "helper" always deciding what is best for his little brother :).

Ben was so excited to be visiting a school this morning that he wanted to wear his backpack since we had talked about the "big kids" wearing backpacks to school. Here he is all ready to go!

0 comments: