Thursday, November 20, 2008

Winter Day

It's official. Fall is nearing an end, much to my dismay. I love fall. And on those days when you have to go out in the winter it just seems, well, cold. But along with the cold weather, winter also brings so much holiday excitement, hot chocolates and numerous outdoor activities to do with the kids (bundled up, of course!). So it's a season that has definitely been growing on me in recent years...

My favorite thing about this pre-winter season are days like today when it is flurrying outside. It just seems so calm and peaceful. It reminds me that Thanksgiving is in one week (really?!?!) and Christmas is only a few weeks after that. Wow, I should get off of Blogspot and start preparing for the holidays :).

Here are the three boys watching the flurries fall this morning. And yes, that is Baby Nate standing up! He basically stands on his own now when propped up against something and even attempts to cruise a bit. He is not crawling yet so we are wondering if maybe he will skip this phase. He actually gets very bent out of shape when he is not standing up and able to see all that is going on in the world.



Nate got a little carried away with watching out the window that for a minute he forgot that he was not right next to his mom! He's just checking to make sure I haven't gone too far away (separation anxiety is starting...).

What a big boy!

What a perfect day it is to be stuck inside the house. I actually had cancelled our plans for today since I felt like I needed a day at home to get some things done so we were home all morning. The boys just love this wagon Ben got for his first Christmas that is filled with blocks. Still one of the most played with toys in our house, now for both boys.





1 comments:

Melissa said...

I said the same thing on my facebook today, about watching the snowflakes and it being so calm and peaceful. Some people thought I was nuts but it's true- when the air is calm and the snow is falling, it's just so serene!