Friday, July 17, 2009

Daddy's Toys

Recently Andrew got Ben his very first set of "real" Legos. Not Quattros, not Duplos, but good old-fashioned "big boy" Legos. Ben is still working on understanding that they can't really be played with roughly once put together, but he does do very well helping to construct things. So, as a special treat, Andrew and Ben are having bonding time tonight over the big box of Legos, Construx and other building toys that Andrew has saved from his childhood. They dug the box out of the attic together and have been upstairs playing for close to an hour and a half now!

Andrew said that as he was digging through the attic boxes to find this one, Ben could hardly contain his anticipation and kept saying "I'm so excited, Daddy!" And as I am writing this, he keeps running downstairs to show me all of the neat parts that he has discovered, only to announce that "he and Daddy are playing with Daddy's toys." Ha ha! I just thought I'd share this photo since I through it was so dear and that Ben's excitement is so evident in it.

1 comments:

Kurt and Michelle said...

I love this picture! Definitely Daddy's toys...that concentration on Andrew's face is priceless...