Friday, July 03, 2009

Turtle Back Zoo

Last weekend I took the boys to NJ with me to stay with my parents and visit lots of friends and family for a few days. I spent the day with my future sister-in-law in NYC, saw friends from high school, family friends and my cousin and her new baby. It was a great time and we had wonderful weather the entire time. Unfortunately, I was so busy that I didn't remember to take photos for the majority of the weekend, but I did capture some the day that my parents and I took the kids to the Turtle Back Zoo in West Orange, NJ. They had a blast and it was a really fun outing for everyone!

Here is close to the entrance to the zoo. I love sunflowers!

The boys checking out some of the animals...

Ben looking at one of the horses with Nana. He looks very skeptical of something - what a face! I cannot remember, but my guess is that the horse put his nose close and we told Ben to pet him, hence the cautious look on Ben's face!

Pop and Nana with the kids, still at the horses...

Ben loved these windchimes in the pig area!

One of the favorites of both boys - the black sheep. He kept "baa-ing," which Nate seemed to think was so funny...

Another favorite, the donkey...


And my personal favorite area, the Outback. The kangaroos were adorable and I felt at home with my own "joey" (aka Nate) as he perched in my arms instead of walking!

Nate looking very serious as he watches something...


At the end of the park, they have a big playground that the kids both had a good time on. Here is Ben on one of the gigantic slides. He LOVED this and kept climbing up the rope ladder to get to it!


And Nate in the tot area, on top of a duck. He loves animal sounds and kept "quacking" when he spotted this one so I knew I had to get a photo of him on it.

Peek-a....

...boo!

1 comments:

cRazYquiLter said...

Aaah! You were at Turtle Back?? We are members there, we're there all the time. I totally would have driven over to see you. It's only about 20 minutes from our house! Joshua is obsessed with the new "jumping" water fountains.