Friday, July 17, 2009

Pregnancy Update - 24 Weeks

Well, I already know I will get in trouble for this, but I have no photo of myself to go along with this post but wanted to get it down. I always forget to take pictures of myself until late at night when I'm looking *lovely* but my parents are here this weekend so I will have them take a photo of me during the day when I am at the peak of pregnancy glow (or not!).

Anyway, I did go for my OB check-up this week and everything looks good - my diabetes numbers have been slightly higher than in the past but it is still being controlled and is within normal range. So, I just have to continue with that. I have been having fairly strong Braxton Hicks contractions, or false labor contractions, all day long and most severely at night, for the past week or so. So, I discussed this with the doctor and he told me to drink at least 16 oz. more water than I think I need each day since it's the summer and one of the main causes of these are dehydration. I also have to try to rest more, which I have been good about some days and not too good about other days. But, as long as they do not get too severe (or don't subside with water and rest), if they start to come regularly and as long as I do not have more than 6 an hour, I should consider them normal.

Other than that, everything else is looking good. I can't believe so much time has passed already! I promise to take a photo of myself over the next few days to post so inquiring minds can see my "baby bump"...

_______________________________________

Update:

As promised, here is a picture of me at 25 weeks:


3 comments:

Melissa said...

Liz,
You look great! I can still see your tiny waist!!

Mike and Chang said...

You're so THIN!

Kurt and Michelle said...

You look so beautiful Liz!! Just a tiny little baby bump!! Thanks for posting it ;) I can't wait to see the bump in person next month!! Love you.