Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Garden

Tonight our friend Steve brought his John Deere tractor over and helped Andrew till the ground for our very first garden! Yes, we have grown a fair amount of vegetables in large pots and have had several herb gardens but this is the first time we will have a full-fledged garden in our yard. Andrew has plans for corn and all sorts of fruits and vegetables so we are eager to see how the harvest turns out!

I was watching the kids and putting Abigail to bed for the majority of their work time, when I finally remembered to take some pictures. So, I didn't get any of Andrew driving the tractor. But, here are pictures anyways of the guys preparing the ground. We will plant our crops in the ground very soon; they have been incubating in our house for several weeks now and are close to being ready to be moved outside.


1 comments:

CB said...

Awesome! I long for the day when I will have my own garden. Enjoy the fruits of your labor. :)