Wednesday, April 07, 2010

New Rooms

We finally finished up the new rooms for all of the kids and have everyone moved in - Ben has his big boy room on our third level (formerly our attic). Nate has Ben's old room with new decor and, with this, he sleeps in a big bed now. Abby is in the nursery, which we have kept the same as before but added some girly touches to make it more feminine. She is doing really well in her own room and transitioned perfectly to the big crib. She has been sleeping for 12 hours straight at night, so this move has been great for all of us since she was still waking up beforehand.

I have pictures of Ben's new room on our Big Move blog since it documents an actual home improvement we did to the house by fixing up the attic, instead of merely redecorating. But, here is a photo of Ben enjoying his new room!


And here is Nate in his sports-themed room. Andrew used to have an All-Star room when he was younger so we were able to incorporate many of his old accessories, such as decorative Yankees baseballs, a sports lamp, a large picture and some book ends. We still need to hang some hooks up for Nate's towel and hats, etc. so those will go underneath the ball pictures that seem to be hanging too high!






Finally, Abby's room. We have a gender neutral nursery theme of gingham checks, animals and alphabets. To make it appear more feminine, I incorporated some flowers and trees and some girly bugs. We figure that all of these things go together in nature so why not in a nursery! I also incorporated some satin bows to give it some feminine flair.

Here are some pictures of her room, one of them with Miss Abby herself on her changing table!
I made the green frame for her myself with some pretty stickers I had in my scrapbooking supplies. If you cannot tell, it says Abigail in silver rhinestones. This helped to make the green linen mat seem much more feminine!

Here is another creation I made for her room, an abstract tree with the trunk being an outline of her actual little hand! My friend Julia found this idea on the Internet and forwarded it over to me. I just love it and what a nice reminder of how tiny her hand was at 5 months old :)

1 comments:

Julia Spencer said...

I love love love it! So sweet!!!! And her name underneath adds a personal touch to it. I'm sure she'll treasure it when she's older. :)